Thursday 13 August 2015

Len Lye Center

We were walking down the street to meet a man named Chris, he welcomed us to the new Len Lye Center. The first thing that came to my mind about the tall metallic building was wow, this building set out is amazing.  As we entered the building I saw how high the building is I think the Len Lye Center is about 50 feet high.

My favourite thing about the art gallery is the universe, the universe is a big, shiny and metallic ring. The universe is controlled by electromagnets. What are electromagnets? You may be asking, electromagnets are magnets that only turn on when electricity goes through them. The universe has a balance platform with electromagnets along it so the universe moves. Why is the universe called the universe? The universe also has a ball attached to elastic and string at the wooden ball hits the universe and makes an empty sounding noise.

I think Len Lye's an arty creative man. Len Lye's art style is amazing, crazy, creative and different to most other art types.
                                   

                           

1 comment:

  1. I've really enjoyed reading your report of your visit Ben, particularly the piece about the 'big, shiny, metallic ring. I'm fascinated by Universe too.
    You might like to research kinetic sculpture for kids and make one of your own. If you do, I'd love to hang it in the library. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete